offersConsult For Free
services Our Services
offersUseful Links

UK Fiance Visas


People who are planning to marry a British citizen or permanent resident in the UK may apply for a Fiance / Fiance(e) Visa in order to do this. Unlike most other visas, there is no requirement that the applicant and the sponsor must have lived together before applying.


The Fiance Visa is also often referred to as the 'Prospective Marriage Visa'. Fiance Visas are different from other Partner Visa categories in that with a Fiance Visa there is no requirement for the applicant and the sponsor to have lived together before making an application.


If the sponsor is a UK citizen returning to live in the UK, he/she can apply for a Fiance Visa for his/her partner to join to UK at the same time.



To qualify for a Fiance Visa the sponsor and partner must satisfy the following criteria:

  • Both must be at least 18 years of age

  • Both must have met each other

  • Both must intend to live together permanently.

  • Both must demonstrate that no other relationship is going on outside the present one and any previous relationship that the sponsor or his/her partner might have had, whether through marriage or without it, has ended.

  • Both must have enough funds to support themselves (and any dependants) without resorting to public funds

  • The sponsor must be earning a minimum of £18,600 per annum or have savings to be able to sponsor his / her partner. The level of this financial requirement will be higher if partner’s children are also being sponsored as dependants.

  • Both must have suitable accommodation available for themselves as well as the dependants, if any.


A Fiance Visa grants an entry to the UK for a period of six months during which time the sponsor and the sponsored partner are required to get married in the UK. Sponsored partners are not allowed to work in the UK while on this visa.

Once married, the sponsored partner may apply for a Spouse Visa from within the UK. The Spouse Visa enables the sponsored partner to work in the UK and will initially be granted for a period of 30 months.


After spending a total of five years on a Spouse Visa, the sponsored partner becomes eligible to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) as long as the marriage is subsisting and the financial requirements are continued to be met.



If the sponsor and his/her fiance have children under the age of 18, they are only allowed to enter the UK as dependents if it can be proven that it would cause serious problems if they are not allowed to enter the UK at the same time. As such, it may be a better option to wait until marriage seeking the entry of your dependents into the UK.



All partners, spouses, civil partners and fiancés must be able to prove that they can speak and understand the English language. As part of their application they will need to provide evidence to show that they have passed an English language test from an approved test provider.


Please contact us to receive our expert advice and do it right the first time. While the visa related requirements appear to be straightforward, the same are really quite stringent and hence expert handling of the case by an experienced visa consultant is imperative. You may email us at visaexperts4u@gmail.com or whatsapp at +91 6263083078.


We shall analyze your situation and advise you whether you should apply for a Fiance Visa or not. We shall also assist you with arranging the relevant English tests in order to help meet the language requirements.



Experts in UK Visa Rejection Cases.

Copyright 2019 © visaexperts4u.com